I am originally from Kortrijk, Belgium. After growing up in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, studying in France and Mexico, and working in the San Francisco Bay Area, I currently live and work in the beautiful city of Paris, France.
I am an insatiable enthusiast of low-power wireless mesh technologies. It doesn’t matter whether these are applied to Wireless Sensor Networks, Machine-to-Machine or the Internet of Things, I truly think that they are a revolutionary technology.
For the decade or so I have been working on it, I’ve had the chance to work with some of the smartest people in the field, and through contributions in the academic, commercial and standardization worlds, I hope to have impacted it.
My current technical activities are:
- Research Scientist & Innovator at Inria, in the EVA research team, in the beautiful center of Paris, where we are building tomorrow’s Internet of Important Things.
- Senior Networking Design Engineer at Dust Networks/Linear Technology, the world leader in ultra-low power wireless mesh networking.
- Founder and coordinator of UC Berkeley’s OpenWSN project, an open-source platform to experiment with low-power mesh standards.
- Co-chair of the IETF 6TiSCH Working Group, where we standardize how to use IETF low-power wireless standards (6LoWPAN, RPL, CoAP) on top of the new IEEE802.15.4e TSCH MAC protocol.
I’m also member of the IETF Internet-of-Things Directorate.
[make sure to also check out the news of my team Inria-EVA!]
- 10/26/2016. Our paper Long-term Monitoring of the Sierra Nevada Snowpack Using Wireless Sensor Networks accepted for publication in the IEEE Internet of Things Journal!
- 10/07/2016. Our poster A Benchmark for Low-power Wireless Networking accepted for presentation at SenSys!
- 09/08/2016. Great fun at the OpenWSN tutorial at IEEE PIMRC!
- 09/06/2016. Our paper F-Interop – Online Platform of Interoperability and Performance Tests for the Internet of Things accepted for presentation at InterIoT!
- 09/06/2016. Our paper Technical Overview of F-Interop accepted for presentation at InterIoT!
- 09/04/2016. Our paper Rover: Poor (but Elegant) Man’s Testbed accepted for presentation at ACM PE-WASUN!
- 08/15/2016. Our demo SierraNet: Monitoring the Snow Pack in the Sierra Nevada accepted for presentation at ACM CHANTS!
- 08/19/2016. Our paper Insights into Frequency Diversity from Measurements on an Indoor Low Power Wireless Network Testbed accepted for presentation at IEEE GLOBECOM IoT-LINK workshop!
- 07/22/2016. Our paper (Not so) Intuitive Results from a Smart Agriculture Low-Power Wireless Mesh Deployment accepted for presentation at ACM CHANTS!
- 07/01/2016. Our paper Link-layer Security in TSCH Networks: Effect on Slot Duration accepted for publication in Wiley’s ETT!
- 06/28/2016. Save the Peaches demo runner-up IEEE SECON 2016 Best Demo Award!
- 06/15/2016. Our Save The Peaches video now online!
- 06/15/2016. Our paper Determinism Through Path Diversity: Why Packet Replication Makes Sense accepted for presentation at INCoS!
- 06/07/2016. Our paper SOL: An End-to-end Solution for Real-World Remote Monitoring Systems accepted for presentation at IEEE PIMRC!
- 05/23/2016. Our letter Simple Distributed Scheduling with Collision Detection in TSCH Networks accepted for publication in IEEE Sensors Letters!
- 05/06/2016. Our article PEACH: Predicting Frost Events in Peach Orchards Using IoT Technology accepted for publication in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on the Internet of Things!
- 05/05/2016. Our tutorial Standards for the Industrial IoT: a Hands-on Tutorial with OpenWSN and OpenMote accepted for presentation at IEEE PIMRC 2016!
- 05/04/2016. Our demo A Demo of the PEACH IoT-based Frost Event Prediction System for Precision Agriculture accepted for presentation at SECON 2016!
- 05/03/2016. Our demo OpenWSN & OpenMote: Demo’ing A Complete Ecosystem for the Industrial Internet of Things accepted for presentation at SECON 2016!
- 04/22/2016. Our PEACH deployment featured on the Inria-Paris homepage!
- 04/11/2016. The first savethepeaches.com network deployed in Argentina!
- 04/09/2016. Our paper The Cost of Installing a 6TiSCH Schedule accepted for presentation at AdHoc-Now 2016!
- 04/01/2016. Our paper LLSF: Low Latency Scheduling Function for 6TiSCH Networks accepted for presentation at DCOSS 2016!
- 03/20/2016. Our letter Distributed PID-based Scheduling for 6TiSCH Networks accepted for publication in the IEEE Communications Letters.
- 03/14/2016. Our tutorial OpenWSN & OpenMote: Hands-on Tutorial on Open Source Industrial IoT accepted for presentation at ICT 2016!
- 03/02/2016. Our paper Industrial Wireless IP-based Cyber Physical Systems is accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the IEEE!
- 02/16/2016. EWSN dependability competition 4th place!
- 02/03/2015. 13 companies participating in the the Second ETSI 6TiSCH plugtests in Paris!
- 12/23/2015. Our work is featured in the Inria@SiliconValley newsletter of December 2015!
- 12/11/2015. Discussing networking technology with Thierry Mandon, French Minister of Research, as part of our SmartMesh IP deployment at the COP21!
- 12/07/2015. Our paper OpenMote+: a Range-Agile Multi-Radio Mote is accepted for presentation at the International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN), NexMote Workshop!
- 12/07/2015. Inria-EVA and REALMS‘ work featured on Inria.fr.
- 12/06/2015. OpenWSN tutorial at IEEE GLOBECOM 2015 is a great success!
- 12/03/2015. The HeadsUp! project is WINNER of the People’s Choice Award at the IPSO CHALLENGE 2015!
- 12/02/2015. The MicroPnP project received 3rd place in the IPSO CHALLENGE 2015!
- 11/10/2015. New video about the HeadsUp! project now online.
- 10/19/2015. Our paper Reliability Through Time-Slotted Channel Hopping and Flooding-based Routing was accepted to participate in the International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) Dependability Competition!
- 10/15/2015. Our projects μPnP and HeadsUp! are featured on the Inria wesbite!
- 10/09/2015. Our paper “uPnP-Mesh: the Plug-and-Play Mesh Network for the Internet of Things” is accepted for publication at IEEE WF-IoT!
- 10/09/2015. Our paper “FIT IoT-LAB: A Large Scale Open Experimental IoT Testbed” is accepted for publication at IEEE WF-IoT!
- 09/25/2015. A video of my presentation about the REALMS associate team during an all-hands meeting at Inria is now online.
- 09/11/2015. Our article “On-the-Fly Bandwidth Reservation for 6TiSCH Wireless Industrial Networks” is accepted for publication in the IEEE Sensors Journal!
- 09/01/2015. Our paper “Lessons Learned from the 6TiSCH Plugtests” is accepted for publication in the InterIoT conference!
- 08/15/2015. Our letter “FIT IoT-LAB: A Large Scale Open Experimental IoT Testbed – A valuable tool for IoT deployment in Smart Factories” was accepted for publication as an IEEE ComSoc Letter!
- 07/30/2015. Our project “HeadsUp! : monitoring the post-surgery position of retinal detachment patients” is an IPSO Challenge 2015 Semi-Finalist!
- 07/30/2015. Our project “μPnP: Harnessing the Power of IPv6 for Ultra Low Power, Zero-configuration IoT Networks” is an IPSO Challenge 2015 Semi-Finalist!
- 07/23/2015. Come check out the OpenWSN booth at the IETF93 Bits’n’Bites in Prague!
- 07/21/2015. Recording of the IETF93 6TiSCH WG meeting posted!
- 07/19/2015. 11 projects presented at the OpenWSN/6TiSCH hackathon in Prague!
- 07/18/2015. Our article “6TiSCH: Deterministic IP-enabled Industrial Internet (of Things)” is featured in the IEEE Tech Focus – IoT!
- 07/18/2015. Our paper “Orchestra: Robust Mesh Networks Through Autonomously Scheduled TSCH” is accepted for publication at Sensys!
- 07/17/2015. 15 companies participating in the the First ETSI 6TiSCH plugtests in Prague!