I am originally from Kortrijk, Belgium. After growing up in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, studying in France and Mexico, and working in the San Francisco Bay Area, I currently live and work in the beautiful city of Paris, France.
I am an insatiable enthusiast of low-power wireless mesh technologies. It doesn’t matter whether these are applied to Wireless Sensor Networks, Machine-to-Machine or the Internet of Things, I truly think that they are a revolutionary technology.
For the decade or so I have been working on it, I’ve had the chance to work with some of the smartest people in the field, and through contributions in the academic, commercial and standardization worlds, I hope to have been able to influence it a bit.
My current technical activities are:
- Research Scientist & Innovator at Inria, in the (new!) EVA research team, in the beautiful center of Paris-Rocquencourt, where we are building tomorrow’s Internet of Important Things.
- Senior Networking Design Engineer at Dust Networks/Linear Technology, the world leader in ultra-low power wireless mesh networking.
- Founder and coordinator of UC Berkeley’s OpenWSN project, an open-source platform to experiment with low-power mesh standards.
- Co-chair of the IETF 6TiSCH Working Group, where we standardize how to use IETF low-power wireless standards (6LoWPAN, RPL, CoAP) on top of the new IEEE802.15.4e TSCH MAC protocol.
I’m also member of the IETF Internet-of-Things Directorate.
- 07/23/2015. Come check out the OpenWSN booth at the IETF93 Bits’n’Bites in Prague!
- 07/21/2015. Recording of the IETF93 6TiSCH WG meeting posted!
- 07/19/2015. 11 projects presented at the OpenWSN/6TiSCH hackathon in Prague!
- 07/18/2015. Our paper “6TiSCH: Deterministic IP-enabled Industrial Internet (of Things). Diego Dujovne, Thomas Watteyne, Xavier Vilajosana, Pascal Thubert. IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 52, Issue 12, December 2014.” is featured in the IEEE Tech Focus – IoT!
- 07/18/2015. Sensys paper accepted! “Orchestra: Robust Mesh Networks Through Autonomously Scheduled TSCH. Simon Duquennoy, Beshr Al Nahas, Olaf Landsiedel, Thomas Watteyne. ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (Sensys), Seoul, South Korea, 1-4 November 2015“
- 07/17/2015. 14 companies participating in the the First ETSI 6TiSCH plugtests in Prague!