I am originally from Kortrijk, Belgium. After growing up in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, studying in France and Mexico, and working in the San Francisco Bay Area, I currently live and work in the beautiful city of Paris, France.
I am an insatiable enthusiast of low-power wireless mesh technologies. It doesn’t matter whether these are applied to Wireless Sensor Networks, Machine-to-Machine or the Internet of Things, I truly think that they are a revolutionary technology.
For the decade or so I have been working on it, I’ve had the chance to work with some of the smartest people in the field, and through contributions in the academic, commercial and standardization worlds, I hope to have been able to influence it a bit.
My current technical activities are:
- Research Scientist & Innovator at Inria, in the (new!) EVA research team, in the beautiful center of Paris-Rocquencourt, where we are building tomorrow’s Internet of Important Things.
- Senior Networking Design Engineer at Dust Networks/Linear Technology, the world leader in ultra-low power wireless mesh networking.
- Founder and coordinator of UC Berkeley’s OpenWSN project, an open-source platform to experiment with low-power mesh standards.
- Co-chair of the IETF 6TiSCH Working Group, where we standardize how to use IETF low-power wireless standards (6LoWPAN, RPL, CoAP) on top of the new IEEE802.15.4e TSCH MAC protocol.
I’m also member of the IETF Internet-of-Things Directorate.
- 11/10/2015. New video about the HeadsUp! project now online.
- 10/19/2015. Our paper Reliability Through Time-Slotted Channel Hopping and Flooding-based Routing was accepted to participate in the International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) Dependability Competition!
- 10/15/2015. Our projects μPnP and HeadsUp! are featured on the Inria wesbite!
- 10/09/2015. Our paper “uPnP-Mesh: the Plug-and-Play Mesh Network for the Internet of Things” is accepted for publication at IEEE WF-IoT!
- 10/09/2015. Our paper “FIT IoT-LAB: A Large Scale Open Experimental IoT Testbed” is accepted for publication at IEEE WF-IoT!
- 09/25/2015. A video of my presentation about the REALMS associate team during an all-hands meeting at Inria is now online.
- 09/11/2015. Our article “On-the-Fly Bandwidth Reservation for 6TiSCH Wireless Industrial Networks” is accepted for publication in the IEEE Sensors Journal!
- 09/01/2015. Our paper “Lessons Learned from the 6TiSCH Plugtests” is accepted for publication in the InterIoT conference!
- 08/15/2015. Our letter “FIT IoT-LAB: A Large Scale Open Experimental IoT Testbed – A valuable tool for IoT deployment in Smart Factories” was accepted for publication as an IEEE ComSoc Letter!
- 07/30/2015. Our project “HeadsUp! : monitoring the post-surgery position of retinal detachment patients” is an IPSO Challenge 2015 Semi-Finalist!
- 07/30/2015. Our project “μPnP: Harnessing the Power of IPv6 for Ultra Low Power, Zero-configuration IoT Networks” is an IPSO Challenge 2015 Semi-Finalist!
- 07/23/2015. Come check out the OpenWSN booth at the IETF93 Bits’n’Bites in Prague!
- 07/21/2015. Recording of the IETF93 6TiSCH WG meeting posted!
- 07/19/2015. 11 projects presented at the OpenWSN/6TiSCH hackathon in Prague!
- 07/18/2015. Our article “6TiSCH: Deterministic IP-enabled Industrial Internet (of Things)” is featured in the IEEE Tech Focus – IoT!
- 07/18/2015. Our paper “Orchestra: Robust Mesh Networks Through Autonomously Scheduled TSCH” is accepted for publication at Sensys!
- 07/17/2015. 15 companies participating in the the First ETSI 6TiSCH plugtests in Prague!